Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Chapter 5 - Who caused all this?



For the past few seconds I have been flipping my phone, opening and closing it. Subconsciously, I was waiting for someone to call me to check up on me. It has always been that way in Japan. Mum would never rest until she got hold of me at least 5 times in a day. Now I have never felt alone. The only friend I have now is Jaejoong. Dear god please let him live. Let him be safe.

“Here have a tissue sweetie. Are you ok?”

A young nurse came by and sat next to me. She looked worried. I took the packet of tissue from her and forced a smile. She looked just my age. Black hair tied up in a ponytail, she was looking really sweet in that nurse uniform.

“Thank you.”

“Im sure your friend will be okay. Keep praying and God will be by his side always.”

I could feel arms around me. She was just a stranger and yet she hugged me. It gave me hope and my cries yield to a stop.

The sounds of fast running steps could be heard from where I sat. Two guys halted in front of the emergency door. Both pair of eyes wandering, looking for someone.

“Junsu, where is the girl who called just now? Where?”

“How the hell should I know changmin!!” Junsu said looking at him. His head turned a 90 degrees and his eyes met mine. Slowly he walked towards me.

“Excuse me miss, were you the one who called us? Are you Jaejoong hyung’s friend?”
He said to me with a crack in his voice, I can feel that he was nervous. No, more of scared.

“yes. Im Kim Andee and I brought him here. Im so sorry to the both of you for causing all this mishaps upon Jaejoong.” I spoke with a weak voice, my tone of voice almost cant be heard.

“He is in the emergency room now. The doctors are inside. Im so sorry! You guys don’t even know me yet I brought misery to your family’ I started breaking down.

“Nuna, its ok. We are glad enough that you brought hyung here for help. And thank you for calling us.”

Right after this young man finished his sentence, his friend, I believe, moved towards us from a corner and sat beside me. He had a really worried look on his face.

“ kim andee?” he asked.

He was the one who spoke to me on the phone. His voice was prominent and despite his worried look, he sounded really calm.
“Yes. Did the three of you answered the phone just now?”

“Yes. I was the one who picked up your call. My name is Changmin. This hyung is Junsu and that one is Yunho. We were very shocked to hear this bad news. Lets all pray together for hyung’s safety.”

With that, the emergency door opened and a middle aged doctor came out with one female nurse at his side.

All the four of us rushed towards him. “Doctor, is he going to be ok?” I asked.

“He is alright Miss. Im Dr Lee and I will be taking care of Jaejoong for now. His condition is stable but he is still unconscious. Hopefully, he will regain consciousness in a few hours time. Can I talk to a family member or relative?”

“We are all his family here doctor. Is he really going to be ok?” Yunho answered him almost as if he didn’t believe what the doctor just said.

“What actually happened to him doctor?” Junsu asked.

“The injury on his head caused him to be unconscious. He lost a lot of blood but still he managed to hold on. Nothing else was affected. I need someone to follow me to my office to sign some documents.”

“I’ll go with you.” Yunho replied instantly.

“Me too” Yunho looked at me with his sad eyes and slowly nodded.

“Hyung, I will call our manager and let him know of Jaejoong’s condition. We need to block Jaejoong’s hospital room or else fans will mob this place just like the time Yoochun hyung was hospitalized.”

“Fans?” I thought to myself.

“Alright Junsu handle that. Changmin, can you help check on Yoochun and tell him what happened? Lucky for us, Jaejoong was admitted to the same hospital as Yoochun. After that we meet at his room arraseo? Andee you need to tell us what happened, in detail.”

“Neh” I said weakly. My eyes looking from Yunho, Changmin then Junsu. “Can I suggest Jaejoong to be sent to the executive room on the top floor?” I spoke suddenly. “I will bear the expenses for his stay here until he recovers.”

All of them looked at me with wide eyes.

“We will discuss that later. Andee, come with me.” Yunho said to me.

They parted. Changmin went to the 32nd floor, Yunho and Andee followed Dr Lee to his office while Junsu walked towards the other side of the hall to make some important calls.

###

Junsu’s pov

That girl looks familiar.
Where have I seen her?
Her blouse with fresh blood belonging to hyung.
That jacket, belongs to hyung to.
What’s her relationship with hyung?

##

I walked towards Yoochun hyung’s room. His room was dark. I guessed so as it was already past midnight. Hyung should be asleep now. I opened the door and closed it back quietly, trying not to make any sounds. On the bed, lay Yoochun and he looks so peaceful and innocent sleeping. I took a seat next to his bed. Without any realisation, I started to cry.

“Changmin is that you? Why are you crying?”

“Yoochun hyung, ouh its nothing.” I said wiping away my tears.

“I know when something is wrong. Did something happen to Jaejoongie?”

I looked at hyung with wide eyes. My lips started to tremble.

“He met with an accident. Not a car accident. First it was you. Now its jaejoong hyung. What is going on hyung? What is going to happen to Dongbangshinki?”

“Calm down Changmin.” Yoochun moved closer and hugged Changmin.

“We still do not know what actually happen yet. He hurt his head pretty bad though. But the doctor said he is going to be fine. And hyung, there’s also a girl.”

“A girl?” Yoochun asked.

“A girl cant possibly hurt him because she finds him too pretty and was jealous cant she?”

Yoochun thought to himself.

“Rubbish thoughts.”

“What did you just say?”

“What? oh nothing. Are the rest coming over?”

“Yeah they will be coming soon. The girl will tell us what happen tonight.”

##

No comments: