Saturday, April 5, 2008

Chapter 7 - 'EXPOSE'

She was sleeping soundly at the couch. I’ve been looking at her sleep for the past hour. Yunho and Changmin have gone back to the apartment. They will come back later in the morning. Yoochun is already fast asleep. And I need to take a walk.

###

Andee's p.o.v

I opened my eyes to only find Yoochun sleeping on his hospital bed. No one else was there. My watch showed 3am in the morning. It’s still early. How long have I been sleeping? Someone took a blanket and covered me. How thoughtful. I walked over to the bathroom to wash my face. Suddenly I thought of visiting Jaejoong and walked out of the room towards the lift. It was really dark outside. Only a few staff was present.

It was a matter of seconds until I reached his suite. The room was divided into two rooms. The difference between normal hospital rooms and this suite is the design and luxurious feel set at every corner of the whole room. When I entered, there was an Italian leather 5 seat sofa for the guests. There was a small pantry too. It was equipped with all the necessary appliances. There were even mineral waters, bottled drinks and instant coffee packets. I opened the fridge. There were fruits and ready made sandwiches.

I motioned towards the inner room. Jaejoong was sleeping peacefully. His head was fully bandaged. He looked pale and weak. I motioned myself towards his bed and held his hand tightly. Soon I was seated, head on the side of the bed, and fast asleep.

###

It was a Monday morning. The staff at the hospital was busy with their daily schedule. At one of the aisles, Dongbangshinki’s manager came into yoochun’s room accompanied by Yunho, Junsu and Changmin. There was a nurse present to give Yoochun his daily medicine. At the sight of the guests, she excused herself and left the room. Changmin sat at the couch but stopped halfway when his back sat on something odd. Someone left their handphone there.

"That must be Andee’s. She must have left it when she headed back." Yunho said.

"Just hold on to it until she comes." Yoochun added.

"Did she say when she will be coming?" The manager spoke up.

"No. I went for a walk last night. When I came back she was already gone." Junsu said thinking "She must have gone back to her hotel."

"Hyung.." Yunho asked the manager. "Do you want to visit Jaejoong now?"

"Lets all go together. Yoochun you’re feeling ok? You don’t have to join us."

"Its ok im fine. Lets go."

###


Junsu’s pov.

I was the first one who went into the suite. I could get a glance of the inner room from where i stood. I felt something i couldn’t explain. Jaejoong wasn’t alone.

“Andee is still here.”

“What?” Yunho spoke softly in order not to wake up jaejoong.

“Look.”

All 3 of them glanced at the inner room from the guest area. Changmin, he was in the pantry.

“I thought she went home, but she went upstairs instead.”

“She is still asleep. Don't wake her up yet. She looks tired.” Yoochun said.

I walked into the inner room. I stood at the edge of the bed. My concern was for Jaejoong. But I cannot help feeling disturbed.

A few seconds later, the doctor came in.

“Has he woken up yet?”

“No doctor. We just came. May I ask, was she here the whole night?” I asked.

“Yes she was. I went in a few hours ago to check if he is conscious yet, she was here since a few minutes after 3 am I think.”

“Do you need to check on Jaejoong? Do we need to wake her up?” I asked again.

"Its ok I can go on with the checkup. We don’t have to disturb her."

While the doctor was busy, all the others were sat at the sofa. Changmin was munching on the sandwiches. Yoochun was drinking some coffee. The manager was on the phone. Yunho? I do not know where he had gone to.

“Guys..” Yunho came from the entrance, holding a newspaper.

“What’s up?” Junsu answered.

“You have to see this..”

Printed on the first page of a weekday newspaper was a picture of Jaejoong with Andee laying her head on the bed. The sight they just witnessed not long ago.

The headline wrote , "Youngwoong Jaejoong hospitalised at Seoul hospital. But who was with him?”

“Good morning everyone” a soft voice spoke.

All of us looked up to see Andee in the middle of the room.

I waited until she looked away, took the newspaper and hid it in my jacket.

“I need to get back to the hotel.” She said.

“Ok. We’ll pick you up later before going back to our apartment. We need to show u some important things.” Yunho spoke up.

“Alright. I shall excuse myself.”

She walked past the pantry and exited the room.

“Hyung, where did nuna go?”

Changmin asked , holding a banana in his hands.

“She went back to her hotel.”

“Shit. Our fans! They could be at the lobby.” Yoochun suddenly stood up and said.

“Oh no. Changmin follow me. Junsu you stay here with yoochun.”

They rushed outside only to see Andee in the lift, with doors closing.

“Omo. Get on the next one.” Yunho said.

In the lift they were fidgeting.

“Why did you just let her go like that, knowing she’s exposed in the newspaper already?”

“It slipped my mind. They didn’t get a view of her face. But the jacket she was wearing, any fan can identify that because it was in the picture.” Leadershii pointed out.

The door opened.

From where they stood, they could see fans running towards Andee who just entered the lobby. Both of them ran as fast as they could and grabbed Andee from behind, covering her face and body.

“Andee look down.”

Screams of fans could be heard. Security guards came running to stop the fans from following them.

Hospital visitors were witnessing the commotion.

They got into the lift.

“We’re so sorry.” Both heavily panting.

“What was that back there?” Andee asked.

“Our fans. We really didn’t see it coming. Here, we’re going to take you to our apartment straight away and we’ll tell you everything in the car.”

"Even in Japan it wasn’t that bad."

“What did you say Nuna?”

“Uhh nothing.”

###

No comments: