Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chapter 10 - She thought she could run away.

“Andee, there is a call for you in line 2.”

“Alright. Thank you Hyewon.”

I picked up the receiver.

“Hello, Andee speaking how may I help you?”

“This is Charles speaking. Mr Choi asked me to approach you about the models that we will be using. Is it okay if we bring them for a trial run with the clothes tomorrow at 9am?” said the person on the other line.

“Yes Charles. Mr Choi told me to check up with you. We will prepare everything tomorrow. He will also be here to judge the whole run through.”

“Thank you and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Alright have a nice day.”

I just came to work for the last two days after receiving a call from my employer in Korea’s Christian Dior branch saying that they need a replacement as soon as possible. Apparently an assistant to a fashion designer under the company was hospitalised and they need to run a fashion show at the upcoming fashion parade in the city next week. I was told to fill in for her. Although my position as a stylist in the company is confirmed, I was tasked to do another job instead. So here I am handling calls and appointments for the rehearsal sessions with suppliers, set management and modelling agencies. I have to report everything to Mr Choi, the fashion designer.

The work environment isn’t much different from Ginza Karioka Bldg in Tokyo, Japan. Apart from running the local Christian Dior grand boutique in Seoul, the company holds fashion parades and training programmes for talented young designers.

Its half past 6 right now and I’m still at work.

“Andee, shouldn’t you be going back by now?”

“Soon. Just a little while more.”

“We’ll go off together then.”

“Alright.”

That is the secretary to the head chairman. She is a very nice lady. Aged almost 30, she still looks fresh and young.

###

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Take care and have a safe trip home.” I said to the secretary.

I waved to her. She’s so lucky. Her husband was waiting for her all along at the entrance of the building.

I am supposed to go back to the hotel now but since I’m a few blocks away from my new apartment, I thought of giving a random visit. I’ve already got the keys to the apartment though; it’s just that there isn’t any time to go shopping for furniture. That is why I still haven’t moved. I guess I will do it over the weekend.

###

Andee walked towards her studio apartment, she didn’t realise someone was watching her.

She slowly made her way into the Blk A of the 8-storey building, acknowledged the security guard at the counter and headed for the lift. She pressed the highest level.

Her apartment was spacious. Very much to her liking. The flooring, bathroom and kitchen were all equipped and furnished when she purchased the property. Her agent did a great job. She was about to get a glass of drink when the door bell rang.

She peeped through the peephole and was very surprised to see who it was.

###

I told the guest to take a seat and went to the kitchen to get a glass of drink. As the kitchen is very near to the living room, I could see the side view of the man who was in my house right now.

“So what brings you here and how did you found out where I live?”

Without answering my question, the guest looked at me with sad eyes.

“I followed you. Since you didn’t leave any contact information, I started to look for you. Don’t worry, all the hyungs didnt know about this. I’m all by myself. Im here to take back hyung’s jacket.”

“What?” I let out a shriek.

“Just joking. Hahaha”

“Have you had dinner?” I asked.

“Not yet.”

“I’m going back to the hotel now, we can have dinner at the hotel restaurant and talk at the same time.”

“That sounds great. Do you have a car?”

“We’re taking the cab.”

###

During dinner.

“How’s your dinner?”

“Well, it tastes good. Expensive dinner tastes good, especially when its free of charge.”

“Hahaha very funny changmin.”

“So how was work?”

“Work is fun! We’re really busy right now though.”

“I see. Well, the group is busy compiling all the songs together now. It’s going to be the best album yet.”

“Congratulations..”

“And also, the police just told us that your ex-boyfriend turned himself in. I guess that is good news for us too.”

The moment I heard that, I stopped eating and placed the fork down.

“Changmin ah, is Jaejoong…. still in the hospital?”

“Hyung ah, he is recovering fast. Much more than what we expected. Everything is going great now.” He answered.

“That… is nice to hear..”

The rest of the dinner just went in silence. Two people eating and not even enjoying the nice food in front of them.

Changmin, I know you’re lying.

“Nuna, thanks for the dinner. I guess we’ll see each other soon.”

It was almost 9pm and its time for Changmin to head back.

###

Back at the Dongbangshinki apartment.

“Hyung, have you seen Changmin?” Yoochun asked.

“Nope. I haven’t seen Junsu either.” Yunho looked up from watching tv.

That moment Changmin entered the apartment.

“Hello I’m back.”

“Where did you go?”

“Somewhere.”

He went straight to his room, the one he shared with Yunho and Junsu.

The next moment Junsu came back.

He went straight to his room too without saying any greetings.

“Hyung, did you see that?”

“Something is not right.” Yunho showed a worried look.

“Since when are things right.”

###

In the bedroom.

“hey hyung, you’re back too?”

“Where did you go just now?” Junsu asked.

“Dinner.”

“Where?” He probed further.

“Somewhere. What is up with you?”

“You met Andee just now didn’t you? Answer me.”

That moment you can see a part of Junsu you have never seen before. His face was serious.

Changmin didn’t answer.

Junsu took a step nearer.

“ You followed me didn’t you hyung? And so what if I did, it doesn’t concern you.”

Changmin gave a sharp response.

“It has everything to do with me.”

Junsu let out a loud cry.

In seconds, their other hyungs came rushing into the room.

“Hey, what’s going on here?”

###

Andee's p.o.v

That night I lay in bed restlessly. Since that day I have been crying myself to bed. It hurts to know that a memory of yours truly was erased. Even if it wasn’t done intentionally. And tonight, it was when the nightmares started.

No comments: