Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chapter 13 Part One - Nothing was alright.

A Mini update

Author’s note : Cant recall what happened the last time I update? For even have forgotten the whole story? U can simple click the links at the right side of the page to the last author’s note. I hope that summary helps in a way.

Andee’s POV.

I sat on my work desk with eyes swollen and eye makeup smeared. I’m glad no one was in the office. I laid back on the soft red swivel chair looking at the clear white ceiling as if it was something that amazed me. My head started to spin and I couldn’t stand the torture.

The man who came earlier had left, finally leaving me in peace. I grabbed my handbag and rushed to the ladies. It took a while to dry my face from all the wet tears and finally I could fix the makeup on my face. I had no idea on what needs to be done after that encounter with Junsu. Should I give in and meet them or just stay away? I looked at myself in the mirror and sigh. I don’t have the mood to work now, I’m just lucky that the required arrangements were already made. And a few minutes later, I was strolling in the street, hoping to get some peace of mind. Oh boy I had no idea on what’s coming.

XXX

The automatic glass doors of Seoul hospital opened and a lady walked out. While others fled into their offices for a new day of work, she exited the building after the end of her shift. Under the grey jacket she wore, fitted loosely on her body her uniform with a name tag that says “Park Ha-neul”. She is off-duty now and was on her way to get some breakfast before she heads home. Its her normal routine to walk a few block from the hospital to her favourite cosy café where she would order the same vanilla cappuccino at every visit.

She pushed the door open and approached the counter. After ordering, she grabbed a copy of the local newspaper and moved to an empty table. She turned over to the front page and was caught by one interesting news. The headline read “ Man charged with assault on a Dongbangshinki member”.

“Here’s your drink miss.” A waitress placed her drink on her table and they exchanged smiles.

At that very moment a woman wearing a white jacket,who looked rather familiar, walked into the café. She was really swift in her moves and stood at the counter to make her orders. She looked strained and had a super worried look on her face though. That face, it was really familiar. Only after one whole minute that Ha-neul realised she was the woman from the hospital the other night, where one dongbangshinki member was admitted to the hospital’s Emergency Room. Her name was Andee if she was not mistaken.

Suddenly out of nowhere a lady came from behind her and starting shouting. She pulled Andee ard to face her and a slap touched her delicate white face.

XXX

Andee’s POV.

I was tapping the black tabletop of the counter with my fingers. I need my daily expresso to calm my senses and bring me back to stability. As I was standing there, I sensed somebody standing behind me and in a few seconds my body was turned around. I was facing Dongwook’s wife. And that very moment that lady slapped my face and shouted at me with barrels of curses. Each word anyone can possibly think of.

My body didn’t react to the tight painful slap I received from her, or neither did my senses. I did not reciprocate, instead, I stood there stoned. It all came as a shock for me; she calling me a selfless bitch and a useless piece of ungrateful whore. Anyone at that moment would have reacted to those harsh words and fought back.

It was as if time froze and everyone was looking at our direction. She was blaming me for putting her husband in jail and she kept on cursing. I was about to walk out of the shop when she pulled me back and poured a whole cup of black coffee onto my white jacket.

“Im sure that made you happy madam.” I sneered and then made my way out of the café.
I heard footsteps following me from behind but did not bother to look back. I just ran as fast as I can until I reached a traffic light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

psst.. im sorry for the very mini update. :(


No comments: