Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chapter 9 - The truth hurts

“Here we are.”

Yunho took out their apartment key and turn the key in.

“We don’t usually have guests, so our house is quite messy.” Changmin gave a laugh.

I couldn’t help but laugh too. Changmin is so cute.

“I thought you guys would at least say something about yourselves in the car.”

“Im sorry Andee. I really do not know how to explain. We are musicians, to be specific, vocal singers.”

He opened the door and let me in.

Changmin took my hand and brought her to one of the rooms.

"This is the most special room among all the rooms in our apartment."

As soon as he switched the light on, I stood in the doorway, eyes wandering all over the room.

“Nuna come in. Come and see this.”

He showed me a huge poster hung on the wall.

“This is our third album poster. We got it enlarged. That is Xiah Junsu, the Junsu you knew at the hospital earlier. Beside him is Micky Yoochun, the one who was admitted to the hospital. And that in the middle is Youngwoong Jaejoong, our main vocal. He’s your friend.”

“He is Youngwoong? All of you look so….. different.”

“Yes he is Youngwoong. Hahaha.” Changmin laughed again.

Yunho who was standing against the wall now said.

“Next to him is this guy here. Choikang Changmin and the last one is Uknow Yunho. That is me. The leader of the group. You see. We are dongbangshinki. “

“Dongbangshinki?”

“You’ve never heard of us?” Changmin looked to me and said.

“Not really. I cant recall anything. All I know before I left for Japan 5 years ago, there was Shinhwa.”

“Ah yes. Shinhwa was our senior.”

“If you look here, these are our album collections.” Yunho said.

Changmin move to a corner of the room and showed me the album showcase they had.

“What are those?” I pointed to a five door glass cabinet.

“Those are gifts from fans. We are widely known in many parts of Asia. The fans can be quiet aggressive sometimes, don’t you think so hyung?”

“Indeed they are. You could see for yourself what happened earlier at the hospital lobby. Some violent fans would attack any girls that are close to us even.”

“I see. But how did they recognise me?”

“Nuna, earlier today Yunho hyung brought to us a newspaper. There was a picture of you and jaejoong hyung at the hospital. You were at the side of the bed. It’s a surprise that they can recognise you through the jacket you are wearing. It belongs to Jaejoong hyung remember?”

“I see. I got mobbed once in Japan. You know being the daughter of the CEO for Samsung International, I experienced those kind of paparazzi. They were always near to get a shots of you. But that was not like what I’ve gone through just now.”

“Oh was that what you were referring to when you said earlier in the lift, even in Japan it wasn’t that bad? Wow.. you’re the daughter of a CEO. You’re rich!”

“Hahaha you can say so. “

“So what do you do?” Yunho asked.

“Im a stylist. I worked for Christian Dior in Japan for 2 years now. And coming to korea, ive been transferred to a local branch. What about you guys? What do you sing?”

“We sing songs, haha and dance too. We did concerts in Japan too. By the way, our 4th album should be coming up soon. You will support us right nuna?”

“Of course I will. All of you have been nice to me since we met. In Japan I was always busy. There was no time at all for television, there was always work.”

“You must be working as hard as us then.” Changmin said.

“Look Andee, I do not know if you will be comfortable. It’s really risky to be close to us. I hope you understand.”

Something vibrated.

“Aigoo. Its mine.” Yunho said.

Hello? Yes junsu.

Hyung, jaejoong hyung woke up.

He did?

I’ve got bad news too. He can’t remember anything recent. I don’t think he remembers Andee either.

We will be right there.

“Who is it hyung?”

“It was Junsu. Jaejoong woke up.”

I took out my handphone Changmin passed earlier. I looked at the watch. Its 1130am.

It’s almost time Jae, I want to see you again.

###

I could see a bright smile coming from her. As soon as I said that hyung has recovered, her face lit almost immediately. Honestly I was scared to find out her reaction later when she sees him.

Changmin was prepared to leave the room.

“Yunho, are you coming?” Andee called out.

“In a moment.”

“Alright we’ll wait outside.” Changmin said.

As they left, I looked out the window.

Our lives were not normal. We were idolised and we were being watched. Every step and every move. Andee is a part of it now. He was glad Jaejoong has recovered but he felt sad for Andee.


###


Back in the hospital, Junsu, Yoochun and Jaejoong were playing ard.

Jaejoong’s p.o.v

“So that is what happened. Yoochun got into an accident. Omo look at all those bruises.” I said.

“It still hurts hyung. “ Yoochun said with a sad face. But he laughed a few seconds later.

“We are so glad you are alright. The management gave us 2 weeks break. But I do not know the outcome after this since you are hospitalised too.”

“Let not talk about work now junsu. Hyung needs to rest.”

“Ahhh my head hurts a lot.” I said.

“Don’t talk too much. Just lay your head. In fact we shouldn’t be disturbing you.” Yoochun motioned over to adjust the pillow under my head.

“Hey someone’s coming.” Junsu said.

“Hello!!”

“Yo changmin. Yunho!” Jaejoong shouted.

“Hyung!!!” Changmin shouted and hugged Jaejoong.

Yunho just stood there, mouth wide opened, dumbfounded.

He was so happy.

“Hyung, where is Andee?” Junsu said.

Who else is there?

“Eyy she was just behind us.”

Junsu went over to look for her.

“Andee, come here. Jaejoong’s awake.”

Junsu took her hand.

“Hyung, look who’s here.”

I turned to her.

“Hello there. You are?”

She didn’t answer my question. She stood there looking at me with a blank and pale face.

The next thing I know, she ran out of the room.

###

No comments: